viernes, 20 de junio de 2008

About my two first weeks in Santa Cruz, California

When I was in Santo Domingo, waiting the date of my travel, i couldn't believe that i got this scholarship, not because I was not sure about my possibilities and skills it was because I felt afraid that something wrong could be happen. But I am here now and nothing wrong happened, thanks God.

When I am thinking about how was my first days in Santa Cruz I remember that it was exciting and stressing because my head was very reloaded with a lot of new information. New information that's mean, new environment, new food, new people, new weather and new water. By the way, the water it was the most difficult adaptation for me and now too. When I drink water i feel thirty. Why? I don't know, I supposed that in the time I will go to adapted.

I think that Santa Cruz is a beautiful place. Although there is some crazy people in the street, the citizens are very polite and very nice. The street are very clean and the transportation system , the bus, is always on time .You should to know something If you pretend to live in Santa Cruz, California. You need to know that the life here is a little expensive, the food, the vegetables, the water, the restaurant, and the worse thing for me, the Movies theater cost close to US$ 10.00 dollars, it is very expensive, In Santo Domingo cost only 3 dollars. One friend told me that it's happened because we are near to the beach. It's like a little tourist city.

On the other hand, in my first two weeks I took an intensive course of English, in fact, the two next weeks, while the student are on vacation, I will taken more class, but this is good for me because I need to improve my English.

I hope to talk with you more about my experience in Santa Cruz but now is late and I'm hungry. It will be the next week.

See you.

Warm regards

1 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Wonderfull city.

Hugs four you from Colombia!!