sábado, 13 de febrero de 2010

We, the people, are so similar...


I would like to say that I´m a normal guy with a normal life but I hate routines. I can´t stay too long in the same place or in the same activity, however I recognize that the best things in life, for instance, love, require patient and serenity, some values for which I must keep fighting for.

I like to travel a lot, well, not a lot but just enough to sacrifice myself, save some money and take an opportunity when it comes to me. I´ve been very lucky because in my trips I have met very nice people from different nationalities, ideologies and thoughts. Being tolerant and respecting the differences among human beings is my main credo.

If I have learned one thing from the difference cultures I have met, is that we, the people, are still having the same issues to fight for; love, family, fears, money, job, life, hate, and so on. We are so similar under our small differences but it is so sad that some times we fight for small discrepancies like language, sexual preferences, political views or religion. How can be possible that the most rational animal so far known is still injuring his own specie? Maybe that is why, because some time we are too rational, and precisely love, forgiveness and solidarity are not about being rational but being an authentic human being.

I got my bachelor degree in Philosophy and, although I don´t remember too much about it I would like to say - quoting Wittgenstein - that "even when all possible scientific questions have been answered, the problems of life remain completely untouched". I´m totally agree with that and that is one of the small phrases I will never forget.

Right now I´m pursuing a Master´s Degree in Political Sciences and I´m very happy because humankind problems are my principal target of studies. I would like to help, one day, to figure out those problems.

0 comentarios: